Available 24/7! 484-306-3111
Select Page
satisfaction guarantee

         History of Wallingford PA

Wallingford PA

Wallingford PA is an unincorporated community in Nether Providence Township, Delaware County in Pennsylvania, United States. Founded in 1687, it is named for Wallingford, England. In 2007, Wallingford was named by Money Magazine as the 9th best place to live in the United States; two other towns in the area made the top 15. Most locations in Nether Providence use Wallingford’s zip code. The History of Wallingford PA.

It is west of Interstate 476 (known locally as the “Blue Route”) and east of S. Providence Road, PA 252. Crum Creek forms the township’s eastern border with the borough of Swarthmore. Wallingford lies north of Chester on the southwest edge of the Philadelphia urban area. Wallingford is about 9 miles from Philadelphia proper.

The first area school started in 1810 and was built on a portion of a 78-acre (32 ha) land grant of farmer and friend of William Penn. Nether Providence School District was formed in 1856; it merged with the Swarthmore School District to become the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District but retained both the Nether Providence and Swarthmore High Schools. In 1984, the middle and high schools merged to become Strath Haven Middle School and Strath Haven High School. The Helen Kate Furness Library was founded in 1902. Wallingford PA 

History of Wallingford PA

 

More 

Located in Wallingford is the Helen Kate Furness Free Library, which was renovated in 2006. There is a dry cleaning shop and a post office. Various doctors, dentists and lawyers are also located in Wallingford.

History of Wallingford PA