The Schools in Springfield PA
Schools in Springfield PA
- Public Schools:
- Springfield Literacy Center – all kindergarten and first-gradee students in the school district
- Scenic Hills School – students in grades 2 through 5 – enrollment based on geographic proximity
- Harvey C. Sabold School – students in grades 2 through 5 – enrollment based on geographic proximity
- E. T. Richardson Middle School – all students in grades 6, 7, and 8 in the school district (approximately 1,000 students)
- Springfield High School – all students in grades 9 through 12 in the school district (approximately 1,200 students) .
Private / Parochial schools:
- Holy Cross – Catholic grade school – students in grades K-8
- St. Francis of Assisi – Catholic grade school – students in grades K-8
- St. Kevin School – (closed) Catholic grade school – operated from 1967- 2011.
- Catholic High School – students in grades 9-12
As of the census of 2000, there were 23,677 people, 8,618 households, and 6,790 families residing in the township. The population density was 3,723.0 people per square mile (1,437.4/km²). There were 8,800 housing units at an average density of 1,383.7/sq mi (534.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 94.6% White, 0.5% African American, 0.05% Native American, 4.2% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.12% from other races, and 0.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.65% of the population